16 August 2007

Terketok

Firstly gua mo chakap 'Welcome!' sama U.Lee dengan Nyonyapenang, kamsia lu dua datang bacha gua mia rantings. And, minta maaf/ampon kalu gua mia bahasa koyak... Sini tak manyak orang chakap Melayu, let alone Baba Malay. Unlike Malaysia.

U.Lee mentioned the idea of 'terketok', which is a pretty common experience I think we've heard of, if not experienced personally. Well, I think it's always a surprising experience, though I would expect it to be a pleasant one. In U.Lee's imaginary? scenario, maybe it would be less than totally pleasant...

Mention of Happy World and the other 'World' parks rings some dusty, rusty bells. These were the places spoken of by my mama and those of her generation. Less by my parents and their peers. I guess these days one would talk of the latest trendy pubs or clubs for entertainment and nightlife. Not my thing lah. At night all I want to do is sleep...

Yah, siapa tau, mengkali kalu kita chakap-chakap lebeh, somehow terketok. Gua mia mak born in Melaka. Her mother too if I remember right. Kukong gua still there. My father's mother has links to the Khoo Kongsi in Penang. Lagi gua mia bini china gerk, pure Hokkien, tapi dia orang Malaysia, so dia mia BM aisehman tentu first-class.

Oh ya, last gua mo clarify: gua chakap 300%, itu mo ikot the manner of speaking yang gua ingat, bila orang mo emphasize something. Gua mia Baba 'heritage' boleh trace about 7 generations back to Malacca, at least for my paternal grandfather's side. I'm happy to know my many links to Malaysia :)

No comments: